Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Universial Design for Learning

The past two weeks, I've done two presentations, one online and the other face-to-face about Universal Design for Learning (UDL).  One was for the University of Canterbury in Christchurch, NZ and the face-to-face one here in Dunedin for the University of Otago.  I used the same slide set for both but handled the face-to-face differently with more interaction and with the participants in teams.   I'll use the majority of the slides and approach with a group in the US when I return next week.

It was intersting in thinking about UDL for these presentations to realize I was pushing UDL a couple of decades ago.  I was a member of CoSN back then, and on the now disbanded Emerging Technologies Committee.  Then we did an annual report on things to watch -- emerging technologies -- and I pushed for a section in one report on UDL.


No comments: